Why Gran Canaria?
This island provides a perfect and memorable fishing holiday with its stunning sandy beaches on the coast and a marvellous landscape of mountains and lakes.
It is only on this island, you can enjoy the carp fishing holiday tours. In fact, the only legal carp fishing company is found on the Canary Islands/Gran Canaria.
Gran Canaria is the second most populated island of the Canary Islands of Spain. It is situated in the Atlantic Ocean and is about 150 kilometres away from the Northwestern coast of Africa and about 1,350 km from Europe. This island is also known as “Miniature Continent” due to its varied landscapes and a variety of climatic condition.
Lake Chira is one of the many lakes in Gran Canaria that offers you an ideal destination for carp fishing. The lake is full of carp weighing from 35lb to 55lb. To all the carp anglers who want a different experience, this lake provides you with some of the rarest carp of unknown sizes.
Fishing experience at Lake Chira
Here you can enjoy a different experience of carp fishing as this venue is completely isolated from others- no crowds or no other anglers to distract your concentration. Lake Chira gives you a chance to fish for carp not like ever before.
The climatic condition always acts as a true friend to the anglers. Gran Canaria is blessed with a sublime weather all year-round. The glorious sunshine and the gentle coastal breeze soothe the temperament of every angler.
Some of the main catches of the Gran Canaria include blue and white marlin, sharks, wahoo, barracuda, amberjacks and different species of tuna.
- Here you would be guided by some of the top professional guides who are experienced in fishing carp and other species of fish.
- You can enjoy a weekend or full week carp fishing holidays with private lakeside accommodation.
- The apartments located on this island can easily accommodate 1 to 5 people at very reasonable prices.
- You can also get the airport pick-ups facility
- For the non- fishing candidates, an island tour or even a day’s shopping trip can be arranged on their request.
Some dos and don’ts of Gran Canaria
- Though nudism is technically legal on all the beaches of Spain, but not really allowed on busy beaches. Nudism is allowed mainly on the secluded and remote beaches.
- If you smoke outside the designated areas on Mogan’s beaches, you could be penalized by 450 Euros
- Camping and lighting fires are banned on all the beaches of Gran Canaria.
- No one is allowed to use soap or shampoo at public beach showers, as it may affect the marine life of Gran Canaria.
- The local fishing license is required to fish anywhere from the shore in Gran Canaria.